- To imbue social work student with a sense of responsibility towards God and society that will help contribute to building of an empowered Christian community.
- To foster appreciation and understanding of the philosophical values and principle that underlie the practice of social work in the field of social welfare.
- To facilitate students’ acquisition of competencies in critical thinking, analysis, problem-solving, needs and resources matching and documentation of experiences necessary in social work exposure and field practice.
- To develop a responsible partnership and collaboration with the various segments of society, namely the church, government and non-government institutions and organizations within the framework of the school’s Vincentian mission, vision, goal and objectives as well as of the Social Work course.
- To graduate professionally trained Vincentian social workers competent and committed to meet the challenges of contemporary times within the local, national and global paradigms.