Our humble beginnings epitomized the genuine charism upheld by our founders, St. Vincent de Paul and St. Louise de Marillac. During the early years, the Daughters of Charity sisters crossed the Iloilo river by banca to teach little boys and girls in the city proper. On September 14, 1917, Colegio del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus was formally recognized. The years following until the outbreak of the World War II witnessed the improvements such as the acquisition of a lot owned by the English Consulate and the lot fronting the school which the Free School then called, Escuela Gratuita was built.
New courses were opened in the late 50’s and 60’s trailblazing the way…. The Conservatory of Music of Sagrado was the first, south of Manila. Since then, operattas, Broadway productions, symphonies and choral concerts crowded the year’s calendar.
Through the years, Sagrado continued to flourish as she found her niche in the education ministry, theater arts, community service, social advocacies and relevant offerings for the deprived.